Monday, March 22, 2010

Sandbox

Last week's weather felt more like May or June than March. With the warmer weather Oliver went from a little boy who had to be forced outside to the little boy of last summer - one who cried when it was time to come back inside. With so much of our time spent outside it quickly became apparent that our outside toys from last year were no longer interesting to Oliver. Therefore I spent much of last week trying to stop Oliver from climbing trees, climbing the fence, eating sticks, eating rocks and digging holes in the yard. Knowing his antics were out of boredom I couldn't get too mad. That being said it was a long week and I knew I didn't want to spent my summer fishing rocks out of Oliver's mouth and saying "no" to a bored little guy.

So on Saturday morning (after Davis unseated the toilet and removed a key chain Oliver had flushed) I presented Davis with a plan for a sandbox. Oliver took one look at the plan and agreed that building a sandbox was the best way we could spend the sunny 70 degree day. We headed off to Home Depot for the supplies.

Oliver was a big help at Home Depot,


And an even bigger help once we got everything home. He helped Davis cut the wood, helped me dig a hole,
helped Davis assemble the sandbox,


and helped to sand it.

Oliver also helped with painting. While he enjoyed each and every stage, he was very excited when it came time to dump in the sand. Oliver jumped in the sandbox, with shovel in hand, as soon as the first bag of sand was dumped into the sandbox.


If the fabulous weather hadn't given way to rain I think Oliver would still be outside digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment