Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Snow Bowl

The weekend before last we took Oliver to the Camden Snow Bowl. Although I basically grew up there, I had not taken a run down the mountain since I graduated from high school. While not the snowiest or biggest mountain, it is fun - and I had forgotten how fun it is. We spent two days skiing - both days were sunny and in the 50s; perfect spring skiing weather.

Davis and I were both impressed with how much Oliver has improved since his first day of skiing. His marked improvement over his two days at the Snow Bowl could be attributed to practice, but it can more likely be attributed to a new instructor and a cheering squad.


Oliver's new instructor was his Uncle Jon. Oliver had such a fun time skiing with Jon, and is hoping Jon will teach him to snowboard next year.


Oliver's cheering squad including Papa and Le Le and his great grandmother, GG. Not only did they all cheer him on as he skied down the mountain, but they also helped him explore the snow cats and snowmobiles.

Trucks, machinery, and skiing - a perfect way to spend the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I look at my Adam at almost 17 months, falling all over the place in shoes, let alone ski boots, and am still wondering how the heck you have Oliver on skis at 19 months! He is one coordinated little dude!

    ReplyDelete