Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain rain go away!

This March has been filled with crazy weather - incredible summer like days, hurricane-force winds, and rain - lots of rain. Today we set the record for the rainy March on record - an amazing 16.22 inches of rain has falling, and it is continuing to fall.

The good news is that unlike many basements ours has remained dry. The bad news is that we are in desperate need of a new roof, but the rainy weather has prevented our roofer from making an appearance. Like the responsible adults that we are, neither Davis nor I have ventured up to the attic for over a week (after we placed a tarp and some buckets up there) because we are too afraid to see what might be happening.

On Monday Jess gave Oliver an umbrella and he has remained outside since. He's been running around the backyard, stomping in the puddles and yelling "raining, raining, raining!" I am glad someone is enjoying the weather, personally I would like those sunny warm days to return.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, what's with this weather? It's nuts! I am about to build an ark. If your roof falls in, you can come stay with us - we'll return the favor from the epic 2008 ice storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your rain -- but Oliver is one adorable rain junkie!

    ReplyDelete