We had our first music class this morning and I managed to get lost getting there (the GPS kept telling me to turn into a vacant parking lot that was blocked off with police tape - awesome). I gave Oliver a snack (with jelly - note, never give a child a snack with jelly when they are unobserved) to eat in the car on the way over there; given that I got lost he had plenty of time to create a disaster of the car and himself. When I went to get him out of the car I found that he has smeared the crackers and jelly all over his face and hair, and that his eyes were sealed shut with jelly (No joke- both his eyes were stuck shut with the jelly). Thankfully I keep a supply of selzter, wipes and paper towels in the car and gave him a quick bath so that we could walk into music class without frightening anyone.
Once we walked in the door to music class (late, of course), I knew we had another problem - a no shoe rule. Oliver loves wearing his shoes and so when I took them off we had lots of tears. The nice music lady came over after a bit and asked what was wrong. When I told her, she said he could wear his shoes so long as they were clean. Great. Just before we left the house Oliver had taken a jar of Play-Doh, opened it, threw it on the floor and stomped on it. After several minutes of digging a jar of Play-Doh out of his shoes we were back in class. Yea! We sat down and - oops - I suddenly realized I had put on the wrong jeans. Yup, in my hurry to get out the door I had put on my jeans with the lovely big hole in the inseam.
We have fun plans for this afternoon, so after Oliver wakes up from his nap, has another shower, and after I change my pants - I am hoping our April Fools Day afternoon proves exciting in a different way than our morning.
Here are some funny pictures from a bit ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment