Thursday, April 8, 2010

Headed South

Tonight we begin our travels south to the Bahamas. We are beginning our trip with a stay at the Hilton in Boston - between being at the Hilton and all the work we've done recently with Oliver and sleeping (did I mention how comfortable the bed in our guest room is and what a wonderful husband I have?) and being at the Hilton I figure we will begin our travels well rested.

This trip to the Bahamas will be bittersweet. This is going to be my first trip and Davis' second to the Bahamas since Rickey, Davis' dad passed away. Rickey had such a wonderful smile, a great big hug - and was always the most welcoming and gracious host. His absence will be felt and he will be greatly missed. While Oliver will not have the opportunity to grow up knowing his grandfather Rickey and having Rickey show him the ins and outs of the Man O War and Abaco, I am so glad that Oliver's first trip to the Bahamas was while Rickey was alive and that it was Rickey who took him on his first golf cart ride and first boat ride into Man O War Harbor.

The purpose of our trip is to remember and to celebrate Rickey's life. We will do just that and we will keep with us one of his favorite sayings - "It is better in the Bahamas."

On our last trip Oliver was just four months old. He had a wonderful time, but was pretty easy to keep out of trouble.

We'll see what happens this time -

I am sure we'll have loads of pictures and tales of adventure to share once we return.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to hear the stories. I love this blog entry - you always make me laugh (or Oliver does, well maybe it's both of you combined). xxoo

    ReplyDelete