Friday, April 30, 2010

Thrifty

Davis is a bit worried - I've been cleaning house, identifying things we no longer use or need and selling them on craigslist and through the local mother's club. Almost daily someone has come by to pick up their wares - Davis is convinced he'll come home one day to find that the house is empty - that I've sold everything. Unfortunately my response to his concern didn't put his fears to rest - I asked him - first, how much do you think we could get for everything? Second, would it be enough for us to skip town and head off to some beach paradise - forever?

The other thing that worries Davis is my eye for things on the side of the road (I refuse to call it garbage picking as sometimes there are things on the side of the road on non-trash days). According to Davis we can be driving along and suddenly I'll brake, turn down a road, go four miles, turn left and stop in front of a house with some toys outside - toys with a big "free" sign. I think he might be exaggerating. But, truth be told, I have managed to find many free toys. My most recent score - a car for Oliver.

Oliver is in love with his new car. He's spent hours driving it around the backyard, up and down the driveway and just getting in and out through the door (which he is very excited about).

I've got to run there is, seriously, someone here to pick up something I'd posted on craigslist.

No comments:

Post a Comment