This past Friday I left my boys and headed to the Cape to spend the night celebrating Sarah's upcoming marriage. Spending the evening with several if my closest girlfriends (who I do not see often enough) was wonderful. We spent the evening reminiscing, remembering fun times together, and remember other times that we wish we had left forgotten. We also enjoyed looking ahead - getting a tour of the place Sarah is getting married (breathtaking), talking about our kids, work, and about nothing at all. On my drive home I was flooded with more and more memories - from college, from our times together in Boston, our vacations... I also started to think about where we have all been since we met and what we've all done - we've gone to graduate school, gotten new jobs, gotten engaged, gotten married, had children, moved (some have even gone so far as to move to Canada)... even with all of these big events we are still in touch, we still try to squeeze in visits with each other here and there, and every time we do it seems as though we just pick up where we left off. I know I am lucky to have such amazingly wonderful friends - I look forward to all of our future adventure together.
I am also lucky because I have two wonderful boys, Davis and Oliver. As you Oliver is not a wonderful sleeper and he tends to be an even worse sleeper when I am not around. So, although I know Davis and Oliver have lots of fun together when I am not there, I know that the nights are rough. While I know they didn't get much sleep Friday night, I know Davis and Oliver had a fantastic time together. I know this not only because of the stories I heard once I got home, but also because of the pictures I received while I was gone.
Enjoying the beautiful weather.

I am not a big fan of lamb, so the boys decided to take advantage of my absence and have it for dinner. I am not sure where Oliver's fork is, but it appears that he was a big fan of the dinner Davis made (these pictures are actually pretty gross, but Oliver does look very happy).

Splashing in the bath.

I am also lucky because I have two wonderful boys, Davis and Oliver. As you Oliver is not a wonderful sleeper and he tends to be an even worse sleeper when I am not around. So, although I know Davis and Oliver have lots of fun together when I am not there, I know that the nights are rough. While I know they didn't get much sleep Friday night, I know Davis and Oliver had a fantastic time together. I know this not only because of the stories I heard once I got home, but also because of the pictures I received while I was gone.
Enjoying the beautiful weather.

I am not a big fan of lamb, so the boys decided to take advantage of my absence and have it for dinner. I am not sure where Oliver's fork is, but it appears that he was a big fan of the dinner Davis made (these pictures are actually pretty gross, but Oliver does look very happy).

Splashing in the bath.
Ditto ditto ditto. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteAgree with you and Liz, Katie.
ReplyDelete