Happy Thursday! Hope your day is crap-free.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
A Boatload (literally) of Crap
This past weekend Oliver was given a fantastic boat by his great grandmother. The boat is a fire boat that has a tank you can fill with water and a hose that squirts the water (a surprising far distance). Oliver adores this boat. Since getting the boat he has been (at least for for the several minutes following his bath or shower) very clean. Every night he eats dinner and begs to go upstairs and take a bath with his boat - a bath so long that the water usually requires having warm water added. Oliver has also been taking marathon morning showers as well. (Several of my friends bring toys and books into the bathroom and their children read and play while they take showers - I tried this a couple times with Oliver - ah no. He unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper and papered the bathroom, put anything and everything he could find in the toilet, scaled the dresser in the bathroom...all of this in the two seconds it took to wash my hair. If Davis isn't around Oliver now showers with me, or I don't shower.) Since getting the boat he has been getting in the shower when Davis gets in, staying in while I am in there, and then staying in while I get ready (don't worry - I get ready in the bathroom). The entire time he's in there he is filling the boat's tank with water and spraying down the shower with the hose. This morning, as I was drying my hair, I was thinking how much I love the boat - how I can get a few extra minutes to get ready (I don't have to do an all out sprint to get ready - a race to be ready before Oliver declares he's done with the shower). Just as I am thinking this Oliver starts yelling "poop!" over and over again. I quickly grab him from the shower and observe one little poop on the shower floor. Awesome. I clean him up, get him dressed and send him over to Jessica's for the day. I then return to the scene of the crime. I went expecting to scoop up the one little poop and then clean the shower. Right. You know what my little monster did? He stuffed the tank of his boat, full (as in FULL) of poop. Double awesome. A plastic knife, bleach, and several minutes later and the boat was back to its pre-poop state.
Happy Thursday! Hope your day is crap-free.
Happy Thursday! Hope your day is crap-free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
my crap day was no match for this crap...god love the little monster. I bet he got annoyed when he it wouldn't shoot out of the hose...that's why he was yelling!
ReplyDelete