We took more than 200 photos of our adventures. I tried to narrow the pictures down to the best 5 0r 6, but couldn't. So over the next several days I'll post some of our favorites from the trip. Today's pictures are all about the beach.
Oliver LOVED the beach and the warm water. He had no fear of the water and would dive, head first, into the waves, get tumbled around, and then pop up smiling and laughing. He also spent a good amount of time jumping around in the water, splashing and swimming. He would only get out of the water to play in the sand (and then promptly return to the water) or when Davis or I had to pull him out because he was blue and shivering. When playing in the sand Oliver proclaimed himself a "bulldozer." He would move sand around with his hands, shovel and pail and yell bulldozer over and over again - the only time he would stop yelling bulldozer was when we pulled out the video camera.
With so much time being spent in the water and on the beach we had a very sandy boy on our hands. Although Oliver did take a shower at the end of each day he was perpetually sandy. At home our bed is usually full of sand/dirt from Pippa. Each night when we get into bed either Davis or I usually discover that Pippa has managed to push open our bedroom door and get in our bed and get it dirty - this usually results in one of us cursing silently and then yelling "Pippa." The first night we went to get into bed in the Bahamas Oliver noted that the bed was full of sand, he looked up at us and yelled "Pippa!" in a very accusatory voice. We explained to him that he was the cause of the sandy bed and not Pippa. Oliver disagreed and each night following gave Pippa a good scolding before he went to bed.
What fabulous photos! I particularly love the daddy/Oliver shots. That beach is gorgeous - I am so jealous!
ReplyDeletethe daddy oliver photos are cute indeed... and that starfish is amazing!
ReplyDelete