Habits are hard to break. When Henrietta was still snuggy in my tummy we referred to her as "the baby." Unfortunately, the majority of the time we still call her that -or, even more endearing, "that baby." As in - that baby needs her diaper changed, or the baby is full of smiles. It really is quite horrible as it sounds like we don't know and love the baby - but really, I promise, we do.
At nine weeks Henrietta is full of personality and rolls - 12 pounds 15 ounces at yesterday's appointment. She smiles when anyone and everyone gives her even a fleeting glance. Her smiles are so big and wonderful that I melt every time. She is also always happy to go along for the ride - whether it be strapped to me in the Moby or Bjorn, in her car seat, or just tucked under my arm - she is always either wide-eyed watching everything, with a big huge smile, or fast asleep. Now this brings me to sleep - she is an awesome sleeper. I feel like we earned it - she sleeps from about 9:30 til 3:00 then sometimes wakes at 5 and sleeps until about 7:45 or sometimes decides she'd rather sleep and skips the 5 AM wake up. Seriously, I am up more at night with Oliver than with Henrietta.

Now Oliver, he sometimes calls her the baby, but most of the time he calls her Henni. There were several other nicknames we were considering, but given how adamant he is that he/we call her Henni, that might just end up being her name.


I love this picture - it really shows how many times a day she escapes death by Oliver.

At nine weeks Henrietta is full of personality and rolls - 12 pounds 15 ounces at yesterday's appointment. She smiles when anyone and everyone gives her even a fleeting glance. Her smiles are so big and wonderful that I melt every time. She is also always happy to go along for the ride - whether it be strapped to me in the Moby or Bjorn, in her car seat, or just tucked under my arm - she is always either wide-eyed watching everything, with a big huge smile, or fast asleep. Now this brings me to sleep - she is an awesome sleeper. I feel like we earned it - she sleeps from about 9:30 til 3:00 then sometimes wakes at 5 and sleeps until about 7:45 or sometimes decides she'd rather sleep and skips the 5 AM wake up. Seriously, I am up more at night with Oliver than with Henrietta.
Now Oliver, he sometimes calls her the baby, but most of the time he calls her Henni. There were several other nicknames we were considering, but given how adamant he is that he/we call her Henni, that might just end up being her name.
I love this picture - it really shows how many times a day she escapes death by Oliver.
She's a cutie! And yes, you guys have certainly earned having a good sleeper... It's nice that the baby is good to her mama.
ReplyDelete