A couple weeks ago things settled down after the holiday and new baby craziness and I was left with a new baby and a crazy two and a half year old - and lots of snow and cold weather. Stir crazy and panicked I signed Oliver up for a number of classes, bought a ridiculous amount of art supplies at Target, and I decided to forgo a neat and orderly house - getting through the day with everyone smiling, happy, and alive seemed a much better idea than putting away the piles (I should say mountains) of clean laundry, a stocked refrigerator, and any semblance of order. It was one of these cold crazy days that Elizabeth reminded me that she had an extra bedroom in her condo in Florida and that the airlines were offering great deals. Moments later the four of us were booked on a flight.
As I said yesterday, we are lucky ducks. Our last minute trip enabled us to escape the coldest week of the winter thus far as well as some snow. It also enabled me to dig into the box of my old clothes that my parents saved - and put my old bathing suit on Henni. The bathing beauty charmed the octogenarians.

Henni also charmed Elizabeth - seriously, when she's awake this little girl is all smiles. The only time her smile turns to a frown is when she gets hungry (or when we hit every single stop light on the way home from Naples and 12 miles literally takes us over an hour (my smile turned to a frown too)).

This morning was overcast and we had a bit of rain. Despite the cloudy skies we hit the mini golf course again. Oliver not only perfected his putting, but he also perfected extreme mini golf - where you have to go where the ball goes - even if that means through a super small tunnel.


Speaking of games. Oliver decided that water fountains (aka water guns) and Marco Polo were getting too dull and declared that we needed a "freshy" game for the pool (we tell Oliver we are putting a freshy diaper on him when we change his diaper). The freshy game he made up was the following - Davis has to stay underwater and if he pops his head out of the water Oliver dumps water (from a watering can) on his head. They had been playing this game for quite some time and Oliver was purple so I suggested we wrap up the game so we could head to mini golf - Oliver's response - "No mommy-doke, I too busy playin' freshy and dumpin' water on daddy-doke." Honestly this kid cracks me up - endlessly.
Oh - the doke thing - no idea where he picked that up, but I am now called mommy-doke and Davis is daddy-doke.
No comments:
Post a Comment