Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lucky ducks

Right now Henrietta, Davis and I are in our bathing suits having lunch. Oliver is in bed, covered in sand and sunscreen after a full morning of sandcastle building, wave jumping and beach exploring - such a fell morning that he fell asleep on his way back to the condo. Given the below zero temperatures and snow that are back home, I must say I am happy to be here. Oliver looked up from his sandcastle building and asked if it was summer - no buddy, not summer, just a wonderful break from reality (of course he got a whole lesson on seasons, hemispheres, etc.).

Our flight down was full of kids - all of whom were screaming the whole way - that is, all but ours. Both Henrietta and Oliver were amazing travelers.

The beach has been wonderful. Henrietta loves not being totally bundled (the rest if us agree) and thoroughly enjoyed feeling the sand between her toes.

While we found lots of shells, the big find was the pygmy octopus Davis discovered. Oliver rightly pointed out that it was very sticky.


On addition to beach adventures we've spent a good mount of time at the playground in Oliver's itsy bity spider web.
And we've been rollerblading,

And playing mini golf (ie trying to put everything in the water - as usual).

And playing in the pool.

And trying on summer clothes.


Truth be told, although the weather has been wonderful, there have been some "cold" times and, in my excitement for warm weather I neglected to pack warm clothes for the little ones - layers work though - right?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so confused - I had no idea you were going away. And I'm so jealous. It's disgusting and freezing and gray and gross and wet and cold here..... enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea either but I'm pretty sure I now just hate you all. I want sun! I want no jackets! WAH! Have a blast and enjoy all the sand between your toes.

    ReplyDelete