Yesterday we awoke to a blizzard - snow, snow, snow -and even more snow - and lots of wind. I was super excited. I couldn't wait to get outside and play in the snow, shovel snow - and spot big huge snowplows. Davis had decided to work from home, so I was looking forward to doing all of the aforementioned with Oliver - leaving Henrietta inside to help do something crazy with spreadsheets. I was however, once again, reminded that a two and half year old is unpredictable. Oliver looked out the window and declared there was too much snow and that he was too busy to go outside. So instead we did art projects, read books, played trucks...Oliver being happily content with these activities and me asking him about every 5 minutes - do you want to go outside? Did you hear that big snowplow? Should we go see it? Do you want to go sledding? Finally I got us out of the house around 1:00.
By 1:00 the snow had covered our steps and had started up the door.
I managed to lure him outside again a bit later in the day - he kept shoveling the piles back onto where we'd already shoveled so I had to lure him inside with the promise of hot chocolate - however, once inside he stated he needed a vanilla ice cream cone with sprinkles on it in order to warm up. Interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment