Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Badger

Oliver is full of life. He is fearless. He has always put aside the expected and has done the unexpected. He keeps me on my toes and keeps publishers in a job (recent purchases: "How to raise your spirited child," "How to talk so your kids will listen"....). The owner of our favorite coffee shop has become a wonderful friend and has gotten to know our family well and she has commented over and over that while Oliver can be a handful, Henni is the one that will give us a run for our money - Julie is one smart woman.

Henni loves to climb and explore - she can navigate a playground like no one I have ever seen (her favorite activity - throwing herself, face first, down the steepest slide she can find). She can also climb stairs (carrying a crazy amount of things she should not have (and that she knows she should not have)) in about a second flat. She is also a drama queen - she throws herself to the floor and sobs (un) controllably when she wants something and she will immediately stop crying and will flash a smile as soon as she gets what she wants or when she realizes no one is paying attention.

Well, the Badger has decided that I really can not take my eyes off her:


Her first taste of chocolate milk, thanks to me taking my eyes of her for a second so as to fill her cup with water.


The Badger convinced me she was starving, so I went to the kitchen and grabbed something - I found this when I returned a second later.


And then Henni, trying to help me make dinner.

And attacking an ear of corn. Henni eats a crazy amount of food - some nights I think she eats more than the rest of us - combined.

I think Henni may be learning from the best - and taking it up a notch (or twelve).

No comments:

Post a Comment