Given my state of limbo I think it is the perfect time to share some of the pictures from the summer which I have not yet had the opportunity to post.
Beach.
Our beach days were not as numerous as previous years as I was not confident bringing Oliver and Henni to the beach alone. Perhaps because our beach days were not as frequent and because they were family excursions, they were filled with copious laughs, sand eating (Henni, I am looking at you), splashing, swimming, running, boogie boarding (even Henni gave it a shot - and, of course, found it hysterical), exploring...fun.
We had some super fantastic times in Maine. Henni is not yet a fan of the boat and truly hates her life jacket, but she does love the exploring once the anchor has been thrown. Oliver continues to love both the boat and the exploring.
Kelsey has been my savior every Wednesday for a few hours - Oliver thinks she is just about the best thing since sliced bread. And I do too - check out this fort they built - that dark spot at the bottom is Oliver taking a rest after the building.
Irene.
Hurricane Irene brought lots of wind and high seas here. We drove along the coast during the storm - at one point Oliver and I got out of the car to explore - the winds were so strong he almost got blown over (which he thought was just plain hysterical).
Looks like many fun adventures! That Henni is one beautiful baby, Katie. Love the picture of her sleeping.
ReplyDelete