Sunday, September 18, 2011

I do

Last weekend Elizabeth and Kevin got married. The weather was amazing and the ceremony and reception were beautiful - all in all it was perfect.

Since I was the Matron of Honor (a title which makes me sound like an old lady) we have few pictures of the event - and only one picture of Elizabeth and Kevin on their big day. I am sure that, over the next few weeks, we will be forwarded more pictures and I'll be sure to pass along the good ones.

Oliver did exceptionally well. He managed to stay clean through the event, however, I wonder if the tux came with ants - Oliver seemed to have a lot of ants in his pants through the pictures and during the reception - amazingly he was relatively ant-free during the ceremony. I do wish I had pictures of the ceremony - Oliver was an adorable ring-bearer - keen on getting down the aisle and trading his pillow for gum and a plane.

The reception...Davis has started running. The first day Davis ran he was sore for a week (given his crazy swimming and athletic ability I was (not so) secretly thrilled with this). But, in Davis-style, he's stuck with running and is now pain-free. I think his training may have been in preparation for the reception. Oliver lived up to his nickname "Rocket" and literally rocketed about the reception at top speed. The reception was at the Camden Yacht Club - so gorgeous - but also a place for parent heart attacks - a 12 foot drop to rocks, water or a dock (and no railing). So Davis was on Oliver all night like white on rice. I believe the two get the award for the most athletic guests.

The pictures...

All dressed up - with somewhere to go


With Papa


Getting some tips from Papa


Ants in the pants


Oliver and Henni (and planes)


Uncle Jon and Marissa


And the happy couple. The smart couple who decided to do a honeymoon right after the wedding (yes, I am jealous).

Congratulations Elizabeth and Kevin!


3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You look beautiful (love the dress color) and Oliver looks so handsome in his tux! So cute. Henni's dress looks pretty darn cute too. Good looking family all around! Congrats Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Kate -- your dress is gorgeous and the whole wedding looks lovely. I love that you look like you're trying to plant Oliver and keep him from wiggling off in that first picture. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third the compliments. Katie, your dress is so pretty and your hair looks fabulous! And I am a sucker for little men in tuxes. Looks like a gorgeous wedding - congrats Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete