Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One

Henni is officially one. 

One year ago today I had finagled my way out of the hospital a day early so that Henni and I could get home to Oliver and Davis.  Little Henni and I arrived home to a wonderful birth day dinner and brownies, complete with candles, made for us by Oliver (and my mom).  (As I side note, every time we eat brownies Oliver announces: "Mommy, remember when I made you brownies after your water broke and you had Henni?".) And, just like that we were four.

But back to one.  The first year of life is just incredible.  To think of all she had accomplished, all the has learned and how much she has grown over this past year... Henni is no longer an adorable snugly newborn, she is now a little girl.  She walks with me to drop off and pick up Oliver at school, she has (lots of) opinions, she dances, climbs, will screech with joy at the sight of a playground, and she loves throwing herself down a slide.  She loves the bath (or baf as she calls it), adores her daddy and her brother, and she never leaves home without Bulldozer (Oliver very nicely passed Bulldozer on to Henni).  Henni has recently put her foot down, literally, and refuses to wear shoes that do not have sparkles on them.  She also loves to look at photos - photos of herself, of other people - just photos.  She now has 12 words and, I learned at her appointment yesterday, is 22 pounds and 30 inches. 

Henni and her trusty sidekick


Clutching present, unsure of what Rocket is up to

Eating wrapping paper

Letting Oliver open the presents and play with the presents - playing with and eating the wrapping paper is much more fun

Blowing out her first birthday candle




 Happy first birthday Henni!





1 comment: