Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Training and traditions

Both Oliver and Henni are in training.  Given their moves I believe they are training for one or all of the following (they have not let me in on their exact plan as of yet): a professional rugby career, professional football career, to be one of the things football players run into during practice (Henni is really excelling at this one), or perhaps a stint in professional wrestling.  It is impossible to leave the two of them alone together, even for a second, as chaos, screams, and other pleasantries ensue.  I'd like to say their antics are confined to the home and to each other; however, I would be lying.  The past couple days when I've picked Oliver up from school I have been told he has been "physical."  Wonderful.  And Miss. Henni - well, she took down a two year old at the playground so as to run off with the girl's doll stroller (after she threw the girl's doll to the ground and placed Bulldozer in the stroller).  And she was quite pushy the other day at the science museum - she even attempted to push several adults out of the way.


Given the level of attentiveness needed around these two, our Thanksgiving weekend was great break.  Thanksgiving day we spent with 27 of our family members - growing up I always looked forward to Thanksgiving as I got to spent time with my older cousins (as in follow them around and around and beg them to play with me for hours upon end (which, happily, they did)).  This Thanksgiving it was so much fun to watch the growing brood interact and watch Oliver and Henni spent time with their cousins (well, second cousins - at least that is what I think it is). 



In Maine, Oliver helped my parents get their Christmas tree.  I had thought we'd get our tree as well; however, Oliver was firm that we "always" get our Christmas tree at Tendercrop and therefore needed to wait.  It is funny because last year we drove for miles and miles looking for an open cut your own place and wasn't able to find one.  Frustrated we went to Tendercrop with the expectation (Davis' and mine) that we'd be out with a saw this year...but alas, we have started our own tradition.  So this weekend we will go to Tendercrop and we'll embrace our very own tree tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment