Snow means winter and winter means Christmas. Since last weekend Oliver has been very interested in what Santa is up to and has begun to generate his Christmas list (as of now - a pair of red Converse sneakers (with laces), a pair of Puma's (white with blue light-up pumas), a bag of snakes (thankfully plastic), and a new plane).
The other afternoon Oliver and I were raking leaves and he suddenly stopped the following conversation ensured:
Oliver: So, Santa can only bring me so many presents, right?
Me: Yes.
Oliver: But Papa and Le Le and you and Daddy also give me Christmas presents, right?
Me: Yes.
Oliver: So I can actually have three Christmas lists, right?
Me: I guess that is correct.
Oliver: How does Henni make her Christmas list since she can only say a couple words?
Me: Maybe you could help her. What do you think she would like?
Oliver: She would probably like shoes too. Maybe new Puma's.
Another conversation occurred later, one I am not so proud of. The day got crazy, Oliver got crazy, mommy got a bit exasperated and somehow I got crazy -- I somehow said that the little spiders that have made their way into the house for winter are actually Santa's helpers - that they report back to Santa and let him know if Oliver and Henni are being good (it had been a long day). For a week now Oliver has been talking about the spiders and has been worried about the spiders. To be honest it is not a horrible thing in that Oliver is trying to be super good on account of the spiders, but - the poor child - definitely something he can talk to a therapist about later in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment