On Monday Oliver had his first skating lesson. New places and new people are generally tough. Oliver usually wants me right with him, attached by hand, hip, full body vice grip...I was therefore pleasantly surprised when Oliver donned the helmet and skates and headed off onto the ice without even a glance back. Throughout the hour session I kept trying to take pictures and wave to him, but he never looked my way - instead he was intent on skating.
Or perhaps he was intent on the helmet. My boy likes his shoes - he also likes helmets. There are days when Oliver will put his bike helmet on at 8:00 in the morning and not take it off until bath time. The hockey helmet, therefore, got some serious lovin'. Oliver's post hockey snack required some creativity.
Henni has mastered the balance bike and is now out cruising the street with the neighborhood kids. Oliver has been cheering her on and keeps telling her to practice because if she does, "Mommy will get you a fancy new bike." Where he got this, I have no idea, but the girl is committed and is doing amazingly well.
Our little 81 pound puppy has decided to become a hole digger and has also decided that the pest fencing I had put up to protect one gardens is just a mere inconvenience. Charlie has in fact taken our backyard to an entirely new level - and not one that Better Homes and Gardens would profile.




Ha! Hilarious.
ReplyDelete