On our walk this morning a woman pulled her car over to make the comment "I love watching your family go for walks - it is like a parade." A parade. Well now, that is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of our walks. I would go for something more like wrangling or herding cats or, some days, like being placed in the wrong side of the batting cage. Our walks start and stop. They involve snacks, poop, naps, collisions, piles of toys, piles of bikes, piles of bikes, kids and toys - all on top of a stroller. Our walks are like when the Cat and the Hat tries to balance everything and then - plop. Ah yes, our walks involve backtracking so as to pick up the pieces we have left behind. Our walks also involve cat hunts -- Henni is obsessed with cats and so we comb the neighborhood, looking for cats for Henni to spot. And singing...so much singing. Anyway, I had never considered a parade, but I like it. It sounds as though it could be beautiful. My little cherubs are often dressed as though they are in a parade. And Charlie, he seems like parade material. Perhaps tomorrow I will get us some horns and we can make our parade a bit more magical.
We've had some pretty fun times together lately. We've been getting in as much beach time as we possibly can.
And we explored a castle in Gloucester. The castle was very neat, but it did not have a moat. Oliver rightly pointed out - "How come the guy spent so much money building his house to look like a castle - even making a drawbridge - but didn't dig a moat? I would have made a moat." Good point.
And Henni has been practicing riding her bike now that she has figured out that she can bring her baby with her.
The other afternoon Oliver and Henni decided we should play winter. So we did.
And then they slept. Winter is tiring.
And then on Wednesday the kids had a special day. Due to the great nanny debacle of 2012 Davis got to spend the whole day with Oliver and Henni. I had to work, but got updates throughout the day.
| Kitty pictures! |
Bulldozer needed some surgery so Davis did some sewing (some pretty damn amazing sewing actually) and then put a band aid on Bulldozer and asked Henni to take care of him. She took great care of him and, thankfully, Bulldozer is feeling 100% now.
I got a good laugh at of these last two. Davis took the kids to the Y to go swimming. Note Oliver's snake. I received the pictures just before I was about to leave work. I showed a co-worker and told her that I thought I should get home. Now my thinking was - they are having so much fun, I want to be a part of their fun. However, my co-worker took one look at the pictures and said I should get home fast - that things looked a bit out of control. Ah, she has no idea (she also has no kids)...maybe I should invite her on a walk with us.




No comments:
Post a Comment