Oliver remains infatuated with Henrietta. He is constantly checking on her, bringing her toys, and this morning he informed Davis and me that he would make sure that he would make sure that no one and no monsters would take her.
Yesterday was Oliver's first gymnastics class. Davis had to work and, although I'm a
gymnast at heart (right), I was a bit worried about getting out the door and getting trough class alone - thankfully Elizabeth offered to come and help.

Oliver loved the class - 45 minutes of being encouraged to go super fast, jump, tumble and, did I already say this? - go super fast.

Oliver showed everyone in class "my baby." And informed everyone that he was the big brother. Throughout class he kept going over to check on Henrietta; it was very sweet.
Although I keep trying to go back to our nighttime routine and have some mommy and Oliver time, Oliver refuses. He wants Henrietta involved in
story time and wants to fall asleep with her in the bed too. We are going with it - ready, at any minute, for him to declare he's done with her.

Being two Oliver is not one for sharing. We've had some talks lately about which are toys we can share with friends and which are our "special" toys we'd prefer not to share. Oliver's trains, Thomas in particular, fall into the special category. It has therefore been telling that Oliver not only wants to be sure Henrietta has a train with her most of
the time, but has even given her Thomas on
occasion (note the blue train in the cradle).

Thomas has been a bit of a trouble maker though - oops - as Oliver says - "naughty Thomas."

This morning Oliver put on
jammie pants, a striped shirt, an orange sock, a
polka dot sock, a Puma, and a blue sneaker. While I'd love to show you the outfit,
because it really is quite special, I can't because he decided it then needed to be hidden under his wonderful blue suit. To top it off - check out the hairdo. Ah yes, the little man is sporting a "pony."
No comments:
Post a Comment