Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Things that go

Our days are spent playing with things that go. In particular things that go super fast. These things include planes, trains, cars, and Oliver. There is not usually any transition between playing with these items and I keep finding myself calling a plane a train, or racing cars when I am supposed to be fixing a train track. Depending upon how egregious my mistake I am either referred to as "silly mommy" or "naughty mommy." Davis, on the other hand, always makes amazing airports (which always include the restaurant Wagamama so Oliver's passengers can eat before boarding their plane, jet fuel, radar, and multiple other things that my airports never get quite right) and can fly his planes to China much better than my planes; Oliver is definitely very much into his Daddy.



When not with planes, race cars and trains Oliver can usually be found outside. Bulldozer has been getting some wild rides and Oliver has been begging for a station wagon - according to Oliver it is "tricky" to get Bulldozer's stroller to stay on the roof of the car.

Oliver has also been spending quite a bit of time in the pool. He's not there to play, he is there to do laps. Amazingly he actually does go up and down the pool. I am guessing in just a bit we'll be able to coax the bubble off him and he'll soon be racing Davis up and down the lanes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your days are strikingly familiar to our days. Except for the swimming part - Oliver is so brave in the water! I think it will be awhile before Ethan lets go of his bubble.

    ReplyDelete