Marty: The wild?!
Alex: Hold on a second there, fuzzbucket. You mean the live-in-a-mud-hut, wipe-yourself-with-a-leaf type wild?
Julien: Who wipes? Ha ha!
Gloria: Oy vey!
(Oliver does a pretty good and funny oy vey.)
Given these antics are pretty standard (read constant) around the house I usually go about doing what I am doing, but last night I stopped - wait - "The Wild" - what a perfect description of our existence (okay, we wipe, but otherwise it is pretty crazy around here).
Speaking of crazy, I am now 38 weeks and Davis has all but declared me certifiable. Not only am I continuing to sell things left and right (Davis remains worried that he will find himself on Craigslist soon), but I am also making multiple trips to Target for things we must have (like pillows, shower curtains, teapots...), and rearranging furniture. Well, to be honest I am not rearranging furniture, Davis is - I am supervising. He's been very accommodating, bring up the new bed frame, setting it up, having me not like it, bringing it back to the garage. Moving the dresser from one room, to the other, then moving it back again... This past weekend though I may have pushed my limit (and so now instead of asking Davis to help move things I am either doing it myself (shhhh) or adding it to a list I've created called "Things for Davis to move once he gets over this past weekend").
So, this past weekend...
Our downstairs toilet tended to run after being flushed and sometimes made a noise that sounded like it was going to eat you. Davis tried fixing it a few times, but did just quick fixes as he didn't think the issue was that bad. I disagreed and so I dragged Davis and Oliver to both Home Depot and Lowes to address this issue. Davis was convinced that if I let him by the toilet innards and actually spend some time working on the toilet it would be as good as new. Well, what is better than as good as new? New! Yes, I made us come home with a new toilet. Here is our fancy new toilet. (When you come over if you could please comment on how wonderful the new toilet is - I would very much appreciate it.)
It is still a couple weeks before the baby is due. On the one hand I want to savor the wildness of our life as it is now, but on the other hand I am ready for a new wild existence to begin. I know that Davis is wanting the latter - he is very much ready for the baby and is hoping that when she makes her appearance his crazy Craigslisting, furniture moving, Dory-like wife will go back to wherever she came from and his "normal" wife will return. We'll see.
Katie, you crack me up. I can relate to the furniture moving and rearranging (obviously) but I do hear a little bit of preggo wildness in there. I'm sure it'll all go back to normal once the littlest lady comes... riiiiiight. Good luck, Davis.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Katie (and great belly!). Love the new name - very appropriate for a family of four, let me tell you. :)
ReplyDelete