Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Super Fast

As has been mentioned many times before, Oliver has one speed at which he currently moves - super fast. Much to his disappointment Mommy no longer moves at a super fast speed. Daddy, however, continues to move super fast - this means that Oliver thinks it is "super duper" when Daddy is around.

The two super fast ones in the house have kept up their bike racing - and Oliver really has gotten ridiculously fast on his bike (Davis is also doing quite well).

With the not so wonderful weather Oliver has also been spending quite a bit more time in the pool. This past weekend we removed one of the foam pieces in the bubble and Oliver didn't notice - I think it was because he was too busy with his new pool trick - diving. Ah yes, our little fish now wants to dive in and doesn't want anyone to catch him. Great except for the part that he doesn't know how to swim by himself. So this little activity is actually Oliver going head first into the pool, sinking for a bit and then being pulled up. Sounds fun to me.

The other morning the forecast was for a pretty icky day and we were looking for something fun to do. Since Oliver is really in to trains (as in he not only plays with them all day, but he now also always has at least one in each pocket and sleeps with at least one each night) Davis and Oliver decided to go for a train ride. I dropped the two off at the train station and they took the train to Beverly - I picked them up and then dropped Davis off at work and Oliver and I drove home and spent the day building train tracks and driving trains.

Oliver's current favorite train is one from the Thomas the Train collection. It is a green train named Henry. Interestingly Oliver has decided to call the train Percy. The train actually talks and says it's name is Henry - when the train says this Oliver laughs and says "Silly Percy." Mind you there is a green Thomas the Train named Percy. At the store Oliver correctly identified Henry and then correctly identified Percy. He then chose to bring Henry home and call him Percy. Go figure. Henry/Percy came with a tender which Oliver has chosen to call "Percy's dad," 99% of the time and "Peter" the remainder of the time. Another one of his trains (not from the Thomas collection, so no name attached to it) he's decided to call Rufus. I have no idea where he comes up with these things.

On a totally different note, I just have to say - I am vindicated!!!! While Davis refuses to go as far as to say I am not crazy he has conceded that my craziness saved us some big big money. We just got our water bill and, much to our dismay, found the usage to be five times higher than usual. Some research and some Excel plotting (yes, we are nerds) has shown that the toilet I banished from the house was the likely culprit. So what it looks like is that the new toilet is going to save tons of water and a ridiculous amount of money. Yea for crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment