Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trial Run

Last night at 11:15 I started to have contractions. After about 40 minutes of them coming every 10 minutes apart I decided to wake up Davis to see if we should think about calling the midwives (they had said to come in when I had contractions every 10 minutes, but I didn't want to get ahead of myself). Davis is a very heavy sleeper. The first time I tried to wake him up he told me "shhh." The second time he asked if I was Jewish (what?). The third time I was a bit more forceful and he woke up and decided we needed to leave immediately. Did I mention that by this time my contractions were 5 minutes apart? Luckily Papa and Le Le were visiting so we woke them up and asked them to keep and eye on Oliver and jumped in the car and headed to the hospital. Still not convinced we were going to have a baby I asked Davis to take Route 1A rather than Route 1 so we didn't arrive too soon. A couple miles from the house my contractions started coming every 3 minutes; Davis was calm, but was also starting to worry a bit.

It turns out our trip to the hospital was for nothing. Two and a half hours of contractions every 3 minutes, but no progress so we were sent home - that was 11 hours ago and the contractions are gone. Booo.

Since we didn't weren't spending today in labor or caring for a new baby we decided to head to the beach - where it was FREEZING!

Papa just headed back home, but we asked Le Le to stay the night - just in case. We are hoping the little trickster will send us to the hospital again tonight, but that this time will make an appearance.

3 comments:

  1. Argh!!! I sort of hope she comes tonight, but sort of don't because you guys need one last night of good sleep before labor and newborn sleepless nights begin! Keep us posted. Love the last shot of Oliver, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Liz might be delusional... who gets a good night of sleep at nine months pregnant? :) Katie, that sounds very similar to Jack's arrival pattern -- and he was born the next day after our false alarm. Here's to hoping that she arrives sometime soon! Oliver looks ready to show the lady tricks and faces and going super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with the both above commenters!! Fingers crossed she makes her arrival tonight - technically she'd be right on schedule if she does. Thinking of you - and call if you need anything!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete