Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hard working fashionista

The other day someone came up to me and told me they wished they could be a relaxed parent like me - that they could allow their child to leave the house in whatever it was their child chose. I like to think that the comment was a compliment and not a sneaky way of telling me to get my act together and put a "real" outfit on my kid. The way I look at is that there are battles to take on and other ones that aren't really worth it - the clothing battle is something that I don't consider important. Somehow this topic came up with the CEO of a company on which I was writing a case - the person told me that he and his wife had decided when they had kids that they would only worry about/act on things that would either hurt their child or hurt others. The individual said there were times, especially when his kids were teenagers, when he didn't necessarily like what his kids were doing, but that he and his wife gritted their teeth and stuck by their decision to only step in if someone would get hurt (their child included). I like this philosophy and I am going to try and stick with it.

If nothing else it will provide me, and others, hours of laughs. Check out the outfit Oliver wore the other day: two layers of jammies - one with space ships and the other striped, striped socks, red shoes, and for an accessory - his dog, on a leash. He cruised through Lowe's in his outfit, and later helped install our new microwave.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome outfit!! :-) I'm curious as to how you are posting in the future. I'm quite certain I'm reading this post on Monday February 28th yet it says Tuesday March 01. You have magical blog powers!

    ReplyDelete