Saturday, March 12, 2011

Safe

Davis is, thankfully, home from Japan. He arrived home Thursday night - leaving Japan before the big earthquake and tsunami. While he was there he experienced several earthquakes, earthquakes which turned out to be precursors to the big one. We've been getting lots of calls, emails, etc. asking if Davis managed to make it home - I thought I'd post so as to make sure everyone knows he is safe.

This event has, once again, reminded me how precious and precarious life is. And also how random and strange. My brother just returned from two months in Africa - traveling in the not-for-tourist areas. Having been there myself in the not-for-tourist areas I was worried and breathed a huge sigh of relief. When Davis went to Japan I had no concerns - it's Japan.

My thoughts are with those who are in Japan right now and those throughout the world who have friends, family and memories in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment