Seriously though - if you are ever in Portsmouth and looking for an activity, visiting the submarine is worth it - and worth it for people of all ages. I have a feeling we'll be back again soon (and I will be sure to not even bother to throw the stroller in the back of the car).
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
USS Albacore
You know how people say there are no stupid questions, well I beg to differ. This past weekend I asked probably the stupid question ever - Do you think I should bring the stroller on our visit to the submarine? Davis gave me a look that said, I am not even going to acknowledge the question. Then we opened the door to the submarine, and even before we climbed through the little (maybe) three by 1.5 foot opening (that was about a foot off the ground) it was clear that I did manage to ask not only the stupidest question, but perhaps the stupidest question ever.
Stupid question out of the way, we had a great time exploring the submarine.

I have decided that there is no way I am going on one - especially not an old one. Seriously, there was one room the size of our downstairs bathroom (really small) that slept 20 people. The bunks were so narrow that think they must have only allowed anorexic seamen to be part of the crew.
(This picture is one of the "luxury suites" - 12 people in a room the size of our bathroom - I couldn't maneuver well enough in the other room to capture the crazy cramped quarters, and couldn't convince Davis or Oliver to try out the beds in the other rooms.)
Seriously though - if you are ever in Portsmouth and looking for an activity, visiting the submarine is worth it - and worth it for people of all ages. I have a feeling we'll be back again soon (and I will be sure to not even bother to throw the stroller in the back of the car).
Seriously though - if you are ever in Portsmouth and looking for an activity, visiting the submarine is worth it - and worth it for people of all ages. I have a feeling we'll be back again soon (and I will be sure to not even bother to throw the stroller in the back of the car).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment