Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jacques Cousteau

One of my favorite things to do is to explore. I love heading off and exploring new things and new places. This is something Davis loves to do too - and, thankfully, Oliver and Henni seem to be up for our craziness. I say craziness because it is once in a blue moon that explorations go off hitch-free. But, I think that rolling with the unexpected or halting one adventure (say because the trail chosen turned out to infested with poison ivy and ticks) to begin another (going out for lunch) is a big part of the fun - and my love for exploration.

This past weekend we went to North Andover to explore Ward Reservation. Oliver took control of the map as soon as we got there and directed the way - "Turn left! Turn right! When possible, make a U-turn." In case you were wondering, his directions were given in the accent of an Australian woman. Ok, not really, but I wouldn't be surprised given how much he's picked up from my GPS. Anyway, Oliver proved himself to be a regular Jacques Cousteau albeit quite a bit cuter (in my opinion).

(Alright people, stop your chatter. This is serious business.)

(Here is where we want to go.)


(Daddy, we want to go right here. I keep telling you to turn left. That's because we want to go over here. Not over there. I want to find some snow I can make yellow and it looks like the best snow is over here.)


Our exploration turned out to be a bit shorter than expected (the weather was about 20 degrees colder than we had thought it was supposed to be), but other than that - it went off hitch-free. Probably because of our little and littlest explorers.

With the melting snow, mud, and warmer temperatures - I am looking forward to more explorations, especially those directed by Jacques Cousteau.

1 comment:

  1. That last picture of Oliver is so cute. And Henni is getting so big -- I love the cheeks!

    ReplyDelete