Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just plain lucky

I am, in so many ways, incredibly lucky.

I have several girlfriends whom I met when I was about two years old and who - 33 years later are still near and dear. When we see each other now, which is not as often as I would like, our conversations must ebb and flow depending on the mood and activity level of our growing brood of children. Because of this when we say good-bye I am usually left with many unanswered questions and am still waiting to hear the end of one (or more) half-told stories or adventures. While I would love to hear the end of the story and wouldn't mind even 20 minutes of mommy to mommy time, truth be told I love our chaotic get-togethers. I love watching our children get to know each other and play with each other. When I watch the kids play I am always struck by the fact that I was younger than Oliver when I met my wonderful friends.

I hope that our kids will, 33 years later, still get together with their children.

Oliver, Finn and Carver: Trouble. Three boys, money and and ice cream stand.


Exploring Walker Park.

Oliver and Addy: Loved playing together, but did not want to share snack.

Oliver, Henni, Logan, Nola and Fiona.

You might notice a theme from the previous picture - Oliver is smitten with Nola.


No comments:

Post a Comment