In the middle of riding bikes tonight Oliver suggested we take off his training wheels. Anticipating a long evening (week or more) of crashes, tears and frustration I told Oliver that as soon as he mastered riding without training wheels we'd get him a new bike (Oliver's current bike is a $5 Huffy with bald tires and the chain guard is irreparable (Note: $5, not the side of the road)). As I was saying these words Oliver was mounting his bike. The words were still suspended in mid-air when Oliver tore down the driveway, turned and then proceeded to race up and down the street - seriously, no hesitation just pure speed. "Mommy, I get a new bike!" I scraped my jaw from the pavement, told Oliver I would indeed start my search for a new bike for him and then ran to the house to get my camera to capture what I thought was at least a week or so away.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Two wheels!
Oliver is now riding with just two wheels!
In the middle of riding bikes tonight Oliver suggested we take off his training wheels. Anticipating a long evening (week or more) of crashes, tears and frustration I told Oliver that as soon as he mastered riding without training wheels we'd get him a new bike (Oliver's current bike is a $5 Huffy with bald tires and the chain guard is irreparable (Note: $5, not the side of the road)). As I was saying these words Oliver was mounting his bike. The words were still suspended in mid-air when Oliver tore down the driveway, turned and then proceeded to race up and down the street - seriously, no hesitation just pure speed. "Mommy, I get a new bike!" I scraped my jaw from the pavement, told Oliver I would indeed start my search for a new bike for him and then ran to the house to get my camera to capture what I thought was at least a week or so away.
I am so proud of Oliver! I can not believe I spent the evening watching him race a two wheeler up and down the street and then do tricks with it on a ramp (ah, yes, that is how the biking ended). Congratulations Oliver!
In the middle of riding bikes tonight Oliver suggested we take off his training wheels. Anticipating a long evening (week or more) of crashes, tears and frustration I told Oliver that as soon as he mastered riding without training wheels we'd get him a new bike (Oliver's current bike is a $5 Huffy with bald tires and the chain guard is irreparable (Note: $5, not the side of the road)). As I was saying these words Oliver was mounting his bike. The words were still suspended in mid-air when Oliver tore down the driveway, turned and then proceeded to race up and down the street - seriously, no hesitation just pure speed. "Mommy, I get a new bike!" I scraped my jaw from the pavement, told Oliver I would indeed start my search for a new bike for him and then ran to the house to get my camera to capture what I thought was at least a week or so away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very exciting! Congrats!
ReplyDelete