Thursday, August 4, 2011

All times

We spent an amazing weekend at the Compound with Liz, Ben, Ethan and Adam. As were were leaving the Compound Oliver said - "They are old friends. Have us's known them since before dinosaurs?" While our friendship is not (quite) as old as dinosaurs we are lucky to call the Stockwells old friends - and there is just something wonderful about spending time with old friends.

The little ones (how did we suddenly end up with so many?!) got along amazingly well together.

They worked together to make an incredible sand castle gated community (although from the pictures I have one would never know that they worked together on this project - a picture with all four kids in one frame I do not have).



They made caterpillars together with crafty Davis.


And played together in the water and on the boats.




They also did a good amount of eating. Although I have to be fair and say that the majority of the eating was done by Adam. Seriously I have never seen a child eat like Adam eats - it is incredible.

We had a visit from Jeremy, Jessica and Burke over the weekend too - it was such a treat to see them - it had been far too long. Burke so adorable and I think Henni liked having another girl around for a bit.

We had an amazing weekend, one which Oliver summed up well - "I just want to be here all times."

Thank you Stockwells!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice post Katie. We of course loved having you all, and think this should definitely be an annual tradition!

    ReplyDelete