Last week it was H-O-T! Davis and Oliver were off somewhere and Henni and I decided to take her trike for a spin around the block - when what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a large plastic pool with a "free" sign - so dear! When the boys returned I sent Davis to scout it out. He returned and commented that the pool was nice, but our yard was becoming a bit cluttered with my bargains. I sent him back down the street.
Check out the amazing Mr. Turtle pool! It has a slide and one can attach a hose to the pool so that it sprays water at the slide (a great idea, but Oliver says "Mommy, it like so much shoots water in my eyes. Like, shut it off." (No idea where he, like, learned to be a valley-girl.)
Amidst the laughing and fun Oliver asked me where the magnificent pool came from. I told him mommy found it on the side of the road (honesty is the best policy). He asked if any of his other toys had come from the side of the road. As I was pointing to and naming the items in sight that had come from the side of the road (the car for example) I realized how many of the toys in our yard had, in fact, come from the side of the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment