All of this to say - this post is about me.
I have lists upon lists. In fact, I even have lists of lists. Almost every list contains the following line items: do laundry, put away laundry, groceries, and de-clutter (Davis has actually suggested just not putting these items on the list since they are just givens - givens like going to the bathroom (one would not put that on a to do list)). On one of these lists is "write a list of things I would love love love to do." The other night while reading one of my favorite blogs (www.makingitlovely.com) I saw that Nicole, the blogger, had posted her "lovely life list" there. She described her list as follows:
This isn’t a bucket list. These aren’t things I need to cross off before I die. Will I ever accomplish everything here? Probably not, but that’s not the goal. This list exists simply as a collection of things I would like to do in my lifetime. If writing them down helps me focus, and in turn helps me achieve some of them, the list has served its purpose. A life list should never make you feel guilty for not accomplishing something! It should serve as a compass, opening you up to experiences that you may have discounted otherwise.
Nicole inspired me to write my own lovely life list and thus be able to, finally, cross writing that list of my list of lists. So, here it is - my lovely life list in no particular order (and with the caveat that the list will change over time):
- Become fluent in a language
- Have a clutter-free house
- Run 10 miles
- Swim 5 miles
- Take an EMT course
- Have an art studio
- Do art in said studio
- Start something really fantastic
- Hike to the top of something really beautiful (peak to be determined)
- Live in a "Dwell" house
- Spend a day at the spa and enjoy it (I spent a half day at a spa about 8 years ago and went crazy - I couldn't relax enough to enjoy it)
- Write letters to everyone I adore and tell them why they are so special to me
- Go to Tahiti
- Go to St. Lucia and stay at either Jade Mountain or Asne Chasenet
- Become awesome at merengue
- Become awesome at salsa
- Get my captain's license, or at least become better versed at boating
- Sleep an entire night (or at least more than 3 hours at a stretch)
- Go on our honeymoon
- Write a book
- Become good at carpentry
- Learn how to dress myself (as in put together an outfit (I do know how to put clothes on all by myself))
And here, just so there is a picture to this rambling, an oh so lovely place...

Love this post Katie!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a brilliant idea. Very nice list, too!
ReplyDelete