Monday, February 6, 2012
Relief
Henni is fine!
This morning Henni, Davis and I went to Children's Hospital in Boston to meet with an endocrinologist and to have her blood work from a week and a half ago repeated. I have been working very hard to convince myself that Henni is a happy and healthy little girl. I almost had myself convinced, but then there was that nagging fear - the fear that there was something really wrong. This nagging fear has made the last week and a half tough. My patience has been a bit tried, my belt has had to have been loosened, and my obsession over paint colors for the house has been bordering on psychotic (although Googling paint colors is much healthier than Googling lab results). This morning I felt anticipation. I knew that we'd know the results, and I wanted the results, but I only wanted good results and I was terrified of horrible results. And then there was the drive to Boston...on the hour drive I kept thinking, what if we have to start making this drive regularly.
But fast forward a couple hours. Henni and I are walking in the door from our trip home and the phone rings - it is the doctor saying Henni is fine. The best guess is that we happened to have lab work done at the time Henni must have had some crazy virus. Now that the Badger has fought the virus (and won), her levels are fine. So now that we know she doesn't have the list of really scary things, we can go back to figuring out why she gets hives.
I must say, everyone we met with and worked with at Children's in both Peabody and in Boston were incredible. The follow-up, the bedside manner, the attention to detail, everything - that we were working with such a wonderful team this past week and a half was very reassuring. I know that we are very lucky to have been able to, because of our proximity to such a great hospital, work with these wonderful doctors. A huge thank you to all of them.
And - a huge thank you to everyone who called, texted, sent emails, etc. It was nice to know we had so many people supporting and thinking of Henni.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

best news ever! so relieved for you all.
ReplyDelete