We spent yesterday being tourists in Boston; to be completely honest, even though I lived in Boston for eight years, I really did feel like a tourist in the city. Not only are many new buildings, shops and
restaurants, but also
navigating the city with two kids is very different than navigating it sans kids.

We had a fantastic time in the Public Gardens on the Swan Boats and visiting the Mallard Family.




We did have one episode on our excursion which highlighted our different parenting styles - as soon as we got on the Swan Boat Oliver said he had to go to the bathroom - right now! Oliver offered to stand up and pee off the side of the boat. Not wanting to make the evening news I suggested we slip one of
Henni's diapers into Oliver's shorts and let him pee. Davis vetoed that. I then suggested that once the boat docked we could quickly escort Oliver to a sneaky place behind a tree or nearby dumpster. Davis vetoed that. When the boat docked Davis ran Oliver through the Gardens to the bathroom at the
Taj Hotel. Whatever works.
Our
excursion to the city also included a ride on the carousel and fun times with Elizabeth and Kevin.



Tag in the Common was a favorite activity.

I believe Elizabeth and Kevin's favorite part of the day was when we went to look at wedding bands with them. Oliver was especially helpful - pulling out and trying on a million bands and giving his opinion as to which would be best for Kevin.
Not to sound like an advertisement, but John Fleming is an amazing jeweler. Not only have they made us some fantastic
jewelry, but they have also been fantastic people. They have our cards (birth
announcements, holiday cards...) on display, they know what we are up to, they are fine with Oliver trying on
jewelry, and they are open to diaper changes and baby feedings. They are real people,
fantastic jewelers - hands down, the best
jeweler ever.
You guys had very different weather in Boston than we did up here! It looks like spring down there! I second the John Fleming ad. :)
ReplyDeleteYou had different weather than Needham did! We never saw sun yesterday -- how funny!!
ReplyDeleteI like the pic of Henni's slobbery kisses... I just got one of those from Jack... with yogurt. Yum.
ReplyDelete