Friday, May 27, 2011

They're back...

Yup, beach days are back!

Yesterday morning I put fear aside and told Oliver to pick out some trucks so we could hit the beach. After much hemming and hawing, Oliver chose two trucks from his fleet and we headed to the beach. On the walk down to the beach Henni fell asleep. Perhaps she knew that I was a bit panicked about being with the two of them alone at the beach and decided to let me ease into beach days because she took an amazing nap and didn't wake up until we got back to the car.

When Davis got home from work we grabbed a pizza and headed back down to the beach. Henni stayed awake on this excursion and made sure to let me know that I will have my hands full this summer at the beach - Oliver and his trucks and shovels were all over the beach (and kept being pulled by some seemingly strong magentic field into the water) and Henni was either off the blanket in a flash (with fistfuls of sand in her mouth) or was climbing into the pizza box trying to get fistfuls of pizza in her mouth. Davis was on a conference call and so he was only somewhat helpful.
I was asking someone at the playground for suggestions about the beach with two - she suggested a large beach blanket so both kids had room to play. Excuse me? Clearly she doesn't have kids like mine. My thought is, rather than invest in a large blanket, I will have to invest in a sherpa and a nanny to come to the beach with us this summer. Any takers?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I had help typing that last comment and let's just say it didn't make a ton of sense...

    My suggestion is to dig a big hole when you get there. It won't keep Henni contained but it did entertain Jack to climb in and out of the hole over and over so he stayed close by (for awhile anyway) and I could also plop him in it if I had to run and get someone or something out of the water quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, why didn't you come up with this idea when it would have been useful for me?

    ReplyDelete