Monday, May 2, 2011

You must be a cow

The other morning I was, as Oliver says, making milk for Henni (pumping). I don't remember exactly how this discussion get started, but I soon found myself knee deep in a serious conversation - Why do people drink milk? Why can't I make chocolate milk for Henni? If mammals such as whales and bears nurse their babies, why don't we drink whale milk and bear milk? (I believe I had the correct answer to this- convenience and safety - who wants to track down, for example, a black bear and milk it? And a whale? Well, that would be tough!) The conversation then continued to a discussion about cow's milk - a discussion about the convenience and safety of using cow's milk. Somehow I must not have explained things as well as I thought I had, because Oliver turns to me and says, "Well, mommy, you must be a cow." (Sitting there pumping I did feel rather like a cow, but I wasn't totally keen on starting off my morning being referred to as a cow). Davis, who had been listening from the kitchen looks at me and says - "Given the information provided in your discussion, he did make an obvious conclusion, in fact, I'd say he was quite smart." Ah to have a scientist as a husband.

Sorry folks, no picture to document that wonderful conversation. But here is a cute one of Oliver and Henni in the bath.

1 comment:

  1. Davis and Oliver have a point. Very cute bath picture....maybe it's time to upgrade to the normal size tub?

    ReplyDelete