Saturday, May 21, 2011

Six months

On Tuesday night, after Henni's first full day of being six months old, I put her to sleep in her crib. I was devastated - she was happy. While I love watching Henni grow up, I get misty-eyed as well - I love my roly poly baby - and every day she is growing older. After putting Henni to sleep in her crib that first night I lamented to Davis that she was getting so old and then began to worry about what we would do when it was time for her to head off to college. While Davis acknowledged that time does fly he talked me down off the ledge and suggested I instead savor all of the amazing things Henni is doing right now - right now as she is developing into her own wonderful person.

My chunky little monkey (17 pounds and 10 ounces and 27 inches tall) still smiles at the drop of a hat. The first smile she gives you is a sneaky one with her tongue sticking out, the subsequent ones are the full body smiles I have mentioned before. I love these smiles. I also love her laugh - a full body laugh which includes the biggest smile you have ever seen.


What Henni doesn't do a lot of anymore is snuggling. Henni is on the move. Over the past week she has gone from inching her way from one place to another to managing to get across the room at a relatively quick pace. Her fancy moves include crawling, rolling, inching...an eclectic mix which enables her to get from a place I feel is safe to a place that is full of the smallest toys possible (choking hazards), or construction sites (the number of trucks in our house is a bit insane), or just plain dirty places (mommy does not receive a gold star for cleaning) - in the time it takes me to go to the bathroom.

Oliver is, for the most part, enjoying Henni getting older. He likes that she can do more with him, but is also having difficulty with her love for his toys - with Henni crawling across the room so that she can rip his train track apart and try to eat it, for example. That being said, after some discussion he is now trying to be a big boy and redirect her - either by giving her one of her toys, or by relocating her (which can be a bit scary).



Here are a few more pictures-

Henni loves the swing, but the other day an excavator was doing work in the park, so both kids spent close to an hour and a half in the swing watching the excavator work - Henni got bored after a bit and fell asleep.
Note the no socks theme - Henni is not a fan: I have given up.

Henni will devour Mum Mum after Mum Mum, but has no real interest in other food.

1 comment:

  1. She's ADORABLE! I love all the rolls in the first pic, too!

    ReplyDelete