Friday, May 6, 2011

Sitting pretty

In the last few days Henni has truly mastered sitting. She is able to sit and play and sit and play and sit and play... This whole thing is entirely new to me as Oliver never really did this - he sat and played for approximately one day and then started to inch and then crawl. While I'd love to think that Henni's sitting and playing stage might last awhile, I don't think that is going to happen. When placed laying down (rather than sitting) Henni is on the move - no where near where she was placed. While not yet crawling, she is able to make it across the room and able to find the smallest or dirtiest thing possible and get it in her mouth. (Given all this I have to admit that her tummy time has been decreased quite a bit over the last few days - when placed sitting she sits and plays for a good chunk of time, when placed laying down, trouble...sitting it is!)


I am in shock that Henni has already mastered such tricks. She is my baby. The one that is supposed to curl up on my chest, love to snuggle, smell like a baby, sleep in a little baby bed... The reality is that while snuggling is fun for a bit, Henni would rather watch Oliver play - and try to join in - she'd rather practice sitting or standing than curl up on my chest, and she tends to smell (sorry Henni) a bit more like poop than that of a sweet little baby (she has, as Oliver calls them - massive, massive blowouts). And sleeping - she is a fantastic sleeper, but she needs to move out of her baby bed. I still have her in the co-sleeper. This afternoon I went to transition it from the bassinet to the "big girl" bed, but couldn't do it. I know that she is too big for the bassinet and really should be transitioned, but I just wasn't up for it. I need her to be a little baby for at least a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment